Travian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travian ts2.us

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gauls with crannies and traps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vercingetorix
Veteran
Veteran
Vercingetorix

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Gauls with crannies and traps Empty
PostSubject: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Nothing is more annoying than attacking a gaul that has high crannies and traps as well. Not only do you get no resources, but your troops get caught. I've come up with a fairly good strategy for getting players to release the troops for me. While it is always fun to simply attack to get your troops back and destroy traps in the process, it also means a large chunk of troops aren't out raiding and that isn't good... my solution is this:

"Hey,

You can release my troops, or I can send a large force on attack to free them. I am giving you the option to release first. If I attack and free them, I will destroy many of your traps and it will cost you resources to rebuild them. If you release them yourself, the traps rebuild at no cost..."

so far its been working for me and people have been releasing the troops..
Back to top Go down
dodon
dodon

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 am

yepp its working hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:49 pm

getting annoyed by gauls crannies and trapper Sad. no resources. and my armies were also in trap. waste of time to attack the gauls Sad
Back to top Go down
Flegmatic
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Hehe, gauls ftw!
Back to top Go down
Peregrinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Right, Verc! & from the Gaul POV:   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes, I think you're absolutely right, verc! And from the Gauls point-of-view, as that's what I've usually played, I like and expect to hear that from anyone trapped in my traps, except I have often beat them to the messaging. I use the trapping of someones troops more to break the ice and start a dialog with them than anything else. I offer their release in exchange for an agreement to cease raiding, or something else appropriate. If the person is not agreeable, or send a more aggressive version of your message (a rude threat), I just build more traps, and when they come to release them, I release them first, and now trap their rescue party. It can make things more expensive for them to rescue than to dissolve the troops. But a trap that is full is of no benefit to the Gaul, so every effort should be made to use their release to benefit relations, as you need to release them sooner or later (probably sooner) anyway.

I have sent troops home after a short stay with a message like "Your troops are on their way home, and have been treated well, no waterboarding, no sleep deprivation, and some villagers were sad to see their new acquaintances go."
and "Your troops should be arriving soon, with tales of how beautiful and peaceful X village is, and why it is a mistake attacking such a wonderful place." All just to see if they are friendly players and would like to talk. Some do, some are just mean and angry no matter what you say.

I have seen Gauls try to extort players with the holding of their troops, but I don't recommend that. I only took a ransom once, because some guy sent his hero, alone, to my well established capital. I have no idea what he was thinking. He offered the amount of resources he sent me to get him back.

I recently had a player try to extort one of our newest members in s4, I advised her not to pay (he wanted a continuing amount of resources over time). While we were discussing it, he decided to up the demand, so she was going to go beat the guy down and get them back herself, but as the party diplomat, I had her wait, while I IGM'd the guy that I was now involved, layed out the options for him, and told him his decision would decide future relations between our alliances. He immediately released the troops, apologized, said he got carried away.
Back to top Go down
john5511
john5511

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 pm

all traps do is piss off players if you think you have alot you dont or your village will just be trapper villiage than what? no hammer no nothing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gauls with crannies and traps   Gauls with crannies and traps Empty

Back to top Go down

Gauls with crannies and traps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Travian :: Travian :: Old Tips from Previous Servers-
Jump to: