Travian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travian ts2.us

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER

Go down 
+7
Silas
Flegmatic
pupitza
HPS_It|Dawn Treader
Vercingetorix
arkantos
honorableknight
11 posters
AuthorMessage
honorableknight

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-08

HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Our strength relays on POD. Many of us are doomed to loose our first cities. So lets make the best out of them. Lets create a feeder to our POD villages, protected from raids, where all our resources are in good use.

This is what I would do if I were you:

-Do not change your capital from your first village to your POD village until you need to upgrade fields above 10 in your POD village. Enemies will conquer it as soon as you do.

-Destroy those buildings that are not necessary, you only need level 20 market, trade office level 10 at least (for the trade office you will also need a level 10 stable but you can destroy it afterwards), main building, residence, warehouse and granary.

-The rest, fill them up with crannies.

-Adjust the warehouse and granary so it is covered by your crannies. Remember that teuton can take the last 33% from your cranny capacity so take it into account on your calculations. For example to protect 6300 level warehouse/granary you need 10 crannies.

-I would start deleting blacksmith, armory, barracks, stable(this one after you have started building your trade office), academy, even hero mansion. I would leave the resource production boosters like brickyard, sawmill... for the last.

Once you do this, they can raid you all they want, they wont get bounty from you, and you will be using the resources to be shipped to your new city, where you will grow and get strong.

And when they finally get to conquer it, all they will get is a village full of crannies. Nice uh?
Back to top Go down
arkantos
arkantos

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Nice knight, but that would be applicable when we are off alone or with a noob alliance.
Its vandals and we would not let a single village from the alliance go to them. Remember to keep the granary full(80000). Lets see who dares....
Back to top Go down
Vercingetorix
Veteran
Veteran
Vercingetorix

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Last s8, I had four different groupings of villages. I had a group of 8-10 (I lose track) near my capital at -1|25, I had a group of 6-8 near my starter village (10|37), I had a group of three (34|39) in an area I chiefed (all of those villages made druid riders), and then I had another group 6-8 (21|22). I don't actually remember how many villages I finished with... do you Jorie? I think it was low to mid 30's... but the point is, you don't need to leave your starter village to be captured. As you grow and get 5-6+ villages, it becomes much easier to build level 20 residences and you can have multiple clusters. Especially for Gauls and Romans, it is very easy to have multiple villages capable of pumping out defense. By mid-game, you should have several defense villages with at least 1 or 2 capable of building cavalry defense which makes for fast defense. We will control the NE. With proper warning, there is no reason we cannnot make CFD's and absolutely no reason we will not be able to insert on cata waves. We do not allow villages to get zeroed. The only time a village gets zeroed is if a player does not call for help. Players that get attacked and do not request aid deserve to be kicked. We give players a chance to redeem themselves, but sadly, last server there were a few players that let themselves be turned into farms and never asked for help. I guarentee, if you give aid and you request aid, no one in this alliance goes down.

I can tell you from personal experience, and the players that were with me in the ArEs alliance last time around. We were the #1 alliance in the game and ended up a lone wing toward the end of the game. We had a dozen + wings try to take us on and in a 6 week period of time we killed over 3 million troops on combined offense and defense. Communication, working together, inserts... saved us. We did lose members, though very few of the ones we lost were ones that we couldn't save... some simply didn't let us know when to help them. But we still fought, stuck together, and our enemies eventually lost the will to fight us because the cost was too high.

We will never be put in that position again. But I put it out there so that everyone knows not to fear a few attacks. Communicate, and no player, no village, needs to be seen as a lost cause. Members of several alliances that fought to the end on the last s8 have similar stories and I encourage them to share their thoughts as a way of inspiring some of our few players that may not have seen battle to that degree.
Back to top Go down
arkantos
arkantos

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 am

So mate, we are in here for the big one....
Back to top Go down
HPS_It|Dawn Treader
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:47 am

I can share some experiences as well here.
Last s8 I ended with 32 villages, 8 of which were WW-villages, 4 of which were in Sin-territory [1st and 2nd village, two conquered], the other 20 were around my capitol at 247|165. The majority was there to feed the cap-hammer, but various were building spears and paladins 24/7. Due to my location, I was asked multiple times to provide defence for closer SBD-wings. During WW-time, all villages apart from the cap and another 15c [axe+cata to send to NW WW-feeders] were building defence.
Another example comes from last s4, where it proved often quicker to contact local WAR-neighbours for defences rather than have a MM send out [also w.r.t. spies...]. Lesson here is to have allies nearby for support regardless of whether they are in the same alliance.
Back to top Go down
pupitza
Veteran
Veteran
pupitza

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:30 am

I do agree with honorableknight.

Even if you are in a big alliance, sometimes the first village is conquered, especially if you are at border, like I am, and you move somehow in the middle of quadrant. I sometime gave the first village, if the taker helped me develop faster in the new area. And if it is an alliance member that decide to stick around border, he will have a full developed village in future.

I finished last com1 with more than 30 villages (roman, ranked 12) and I had more than 6 clusters of villages. I was the META leader, so no one from SE dared to chief me Laughing and the rest were to far away.

Every server is different. This is a good tip for those that want to move from where they are at start.

-dana
Back to top Go down
Flegmatic
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 am

We all know that knight is 100% correct with all of his posts. But as you advance and gain experience in travian - time to change tactics a bit...

For example, i always use first village to pump out defense non stop. Since i am heavy gold user, massive negative crop does not scare me much due to a NPC option. And defense is always needed except if alliance is not simming away or if it is with diplomatic ties that guarantees that alliance stays unharmed which is still the same simming away Wink

Knight, tips are more than good, they are perfect, but we should not have a single member here who might need them.

We are Vandals, arghhh Very Happy (meant Gerard Buttlers voice yelling about spartans Wink )
Back to top Go down
Silas
Veteran
Veteran
Silas

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

Spawn village, if away from the main cluster or the rest of the clusters, should be turned into a defense village once it's no longer beneficial to raid from there. So it'll be a feeder village that has defensive units. Building crannies and tearing down buildings is just a waste of resources.
Back to top Go down
Absolutec
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutec

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Last s8, I played on two accounts. My own and markslayer.
On absolutec i had 3 clusters two nortern and one southern. The southern one delt with the NE and SW. The northern ones packed the heat offensively. Just remember to be wise when plotting villages. If you have to move it a tile away to get another oasis. DO IT
Back to top Go down
Waldus
Waldus

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Agree with silas. Wasteing resources and lowering CP production for tha village what means delay in setteling or conquering next village.
Another important thing is that if somone will conquere your village with crannies he still getting lvl 10 resources fields what is important for him not buildings. when you have res fields lvl10 is easy to destroy crannies and build proper buildings Wink
Back to top Go down
Flegmatic
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

i GET WITH A KNIGHT ON THIS ONE ACTUALLY... THIS IS A TIP AREA

We shoudn't be reading this anyway. He is giving the right tips for someone that could actually use them and he is giving absolutely correct tips. And we should not be all over his ass for giving good tips for someone that could actually find them useful. Let's just relax and appreciate what Knight is doing here, shall we?
Back to top Go down
Silas
Veteran
Veteran
Silas

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:35 pm

honorableknight wrote:

-Adjust the warehouse and granary so it is covered by your crannies ... For example to protect 6300 level warehouse/granary you need 10 crannies.

And when they finally get to conquer it, all they will get is a village full of crannies. Nice uh?
Sorry fleg. I just don't consider something like that a correct tip.
Back to top Go down
Flegmatic
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Hehe... Silas, i have no valid point to argue with you here Wink
Back to top Go down
Hero
Veteran
Veteran
Hero

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Quote :
-I would start deleting blacksmith, armory, barracks, stable(this one after you have started building your trade office), academy, even hero mansion. I would leave the resource production boosters like brickyard, sawmill... for the last.

Demolishing them reduces the CP production. Demolishing them is just a waste of resources
Back to top Go down
HPS_It|Dawn Treader
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Absolutec wrote:
Just remember to be wise when plotting villages. If you have to move it a tile away to get another oasis. DO IT

So very true. The only argument I ever had with my dual was about this. You can see the benefits on my s4-account where with moving two villages I gained a 50% and 3 25% oases Very Happy

Edit: While it is fun to provide a conqueror with a useless village, it's not hard to reverse any changes [demolish crannies etc.] so he won't have any long-term problems. On the other hand, the CP you're missing out on will have long-term effects. Let alone the defence you can provide for your teammates...

Last edited by Dawn Treader on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arkantos
arkantos

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Dawn Treader wrote:
Absolutec wrote:
Just remember to be wise when plotting villages. If you have to move it a tile away to get another oasis. DO IT

So very true. The only argument I ever had with my dual was about this. You can see the benefits on my s4-account where with moving two villages I gained a 50% and 3 25% oases Very Happy

Absolutely, you have to critically judge the place where you are going to have your next one within the same cluster
Back to top Go down
Vegito
Admin

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 am

Vercingetorix wrote:
Last s8, I had four different groupings of villages. I had a group of 8-10 (I lose track) near my capital at -1|25, I had a group of 6-8 near my starter village (10|37), I had a group of three (34|39) in an area I chiefed (all of those villages made druid riders), and then I had another group 6-8 (21|22). I don't actually remember how many villages I finished with... do you Jorie? I think it was low to mid 30's...

It for sure was over 30 cities. We ended up rank 44 I remember that. Must have been like 33 cities perhaps Smile. I remember we chiefed 2 cities on the last day or so XD
Back to top Go down
HPS_It|Dawn Treader
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 pm

http://www.gettertools.com/s8.travian.com/Player/1170-Vercingetorix

Same number of villages [32], but you had over 2.7k more in pop. My hammers were larger though [I hope Wink]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER   HOW TO MAKE YOUR  CITY NONPOD A FEEDER Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO MAKE YOUR CITY NONPOD A FEEDER
Page 1 of 1