Travian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travian ts2.us

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City walls ambiguity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

City walls ambiguity Empty
PostSubject: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 am

Hi there, I was wondering how city wall works exactly. Lets say you have a lvl 10 wall which require 14 rams to destroy. Now lets say you only have 2 rams, are you going to lower the wall level or do you actually need 14 rams to have any effect ?

Thx

Wacked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:09 pm

http://help.travian.com/index.php?type=faq&mod=336

May be you only can lower the level of the city wall to Lvl 9...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Yea thats the ambiguity. I tend to understand from this link that you need all the 14 rams (for a level 10 wall) to actually destroy it. If you don't have the 14 rams it won't do anything. Is that right ?

Wacked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:22 am

it will lower a little bit, may be from lvl 10 to lvl 9
Back to top Go down
Ostlay
Diplomat
Diplomat
Ostlay

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 am

You do not have to actually destroy the wall to have the rams work. With every level the wall drops, the defensive bonus the enemy receives is less, and you will lose less troops.
Example:
If I am attacking a village that has 100 legos and a city wall of level 10 with 100 of my own swords, It would require 18 rams for me to reduce their wall to 0. With 18 rams, my casualties are 48 swords and 8 rams. If I attack with 9 rams, the wall drops to level 8 and my casualties are 54 swords and 5 rams.
(now this is important)
If I attack with 3 rams, the wall does not drop any levels and I lose 60 legos and 2 rams.
If I don't send any rams, i lose 62 legos. It is important to note that in this case from 0-3, there is no change in the level of the wall, so sending less than 4 rams at a city wall is just sending 3 regular units. another case is 15 and 16 rams. 15 rams reduces the wall to level 4. 16 rams also reduces the wall to level 4. So, 15 is the more effective number to send if you have to chose between the two, and If you dont have enough rams to lower the level any, it is best not to send them.
Back to top Go down
http://s8.travian.com/spieler.php?uid=95971
Verdant
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 am

Ostlay wrote:
15 rams reduces the wall to level 4. 16 rams also reduces the wall to level 4. So, 15 is the more effective number to send if you have to chose between the two, and If you dont have enough rams to lower the level any, it is best not to send them.

Always err on sending more, due to armoury bonuses. But actually in this case, if there are some defenders that destroy a couple rams, you'll need to send a few more.
Back to top Go down
FlameHead2|nitu
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:57 am

well i just wanted to know one thing .
that does ram work in both normal and raid case.
as for now i am sending rams with my soldiers but it isn't effecting that village.
he has his wall at lvl 9.
i don't understand why.

shall rams be sent separately.
Back to top Go down
MTK
Wing Leader
Wing Leader

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 am

nitu wrote:
as for now i am sending rams with my soldiers but it isn't effecting that village.
i don't understand why.

Rams and Catas only work when sent in Attack mode.
Back to top Go down
FlameHead2|nitu
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:24 am

MTK wrote:
nitu wrote:
i don't understand why.

Rams and Catas only work when sent in Attack mode.

ya its obvious but in what type of attck normal or raid as for catas its normal.
but do they affect when sent with other troops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 am

Normal.
And Chief is also included in that list who works only in Normal mode Wink
Back to top Go down
Ostlay
Diplomat
Diplomat
Ostlay

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:53 am

Verdant wrote:
Ostlay wrote:
15 rams reduces the wall to level 4. 16 rams also reduces the wall to level 4. So, 15 is the more effective number to send if you have to chose between the two, and If you dont have enough rams to lower the level any, it is best not to send them.

Always err on sending more, due to armoury bonuses. But actually in this case, if there are some defenders that destroy a couple rams, you'll need to send a few more.

Fact. I was thinking in terms of no resistance because he only had 2 rams in his example. Travian is one game that illustrates well the proverb, "The more the marrier!" cheers
Back to top Go down
http://s8.travian.com/spieler.php?uid=95971

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Also note that only SURVIVING rams count towards destroying the wall. If you send 100 rams and 100 troops and only one of each survive, you will not harm the wall.

Or at least this is what travian ruleset says. I hope it's right otherwise walls are useless.
Back to top Go down
Verdant
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: City walls ambiguity   City walls ambiguity EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Cat Uncle wrote:
Also note that only SURVIVING rams count towards destroying the wall. If you send 100 rams and 100 troops and only one of each survive, you will not harm the wall.

Or at least this is what travian ruleset says. I hope it's right otherwise walls are useless.

Actually that's not true. Quite often against WW, tens or hundreds of thousands of enemy troops will all die, but the rams still damage the wall (even possibly totally destroyed, if there are enough rams!) and the catapults still damage building. How much damage the rams and catapults will do even when all troops are killed is very unclear, but they still do damage if there are enough of them!

Try it out in the combat simulator: http://kirilloid.ru/travian/warsim.php
Put in maybe 30k imp, 10k EC, 1k ram, 1k cat targetting two level 20 buildings vs 100k phalanx with a level 20 wall. All offense is killed, about 20k phalanx defense remain, but wall and two buildings are destroyed!

offense

Troops 0 0 30000 0 0 10000 1000 1000 0 0
casualties 0 0 30000 0 0 10000 1000 1000 0 0
survivors 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Battering Ram Palisade demolished from 20 to 0 level
Fire Catapult Building demolished from 20 to 0 level
Fire Catapult Building demolished from 20 to 0 level
Capacity 0

defense

Troops 100000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
casualties 79614 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
survivors 20386 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0