HELPFUL HINTS #1
Here are my basic tips to help you survive and thrive in the early part of the game.
1. Build 3 to 5 Crannies, and max out to level 10.
- Your first village should be more of a giant warehouse. You can put all the fancy buildings in your other
villages. If you are in an area with a lot of other big villages then even get 6 or 7 crannies.
2. Only raise the level of your warehouse to hold less than your cranny can protect from a Teuton's raid.
1 Cranny (lvl 10) protects 670 = Warehouse level 1 Holds 1200 (not much coverage here)
2 Crannies (lvl 10) protects 1340 = Warehouse level 1 Holds 1200 All resources safe.
3 Crannies (lvl 10) protects 2010 = Warehouse level 2 Holds 1700 All resources safe.
4 Crannies (lvl 10) protects 2680 = Warehouse level 3 Holds 2300 All resources safe.
5 Crannies (lvl 10) protects 3350 = Warehouse level 4 Holds 3100 All resources safe.
With 5 Crannies at max and your Warehouse at level 4, you can hold all the stuff you will need to build up your Iron Mines, Clay Pits, Woodcutters, and Wheat fields to level 6. It will also allow you to build up many of your buildings to higher levels before needing more warehouse space. Build up all you can before increasing the size of your warehouse.
3. Use the Merchants. If you are going to be away from the computer and your resources will go over your Cranny coverage (if you are above Warehouse lvl 4) then buy 1:1 resources with the return time equal to how long you are going to be gone. Example: I have 5 merchants and will be gone 7 hours... so I buy 1:1 resources with a 7 to 8 hours timeframe. That way when I get back to the computer my shipsments start arriving back to me. It allows me to protect resources during merchant travel time, and still let my stuff build up at home.
Note: DO NOT put your stuff up for sell. If you are raided and no one accepted your offer then those resources will be taken as well.
4. Do everything you can to keep from losing any troops. Do not get into a war. Do not defend your village from raids. Do not counter-attack someone who stole resources or killed your troops. PROTECT YOUR TROOPS.
When you lose 10 troops (either from being attacked, trying to defend, or counter-attacking) you lost the resources it took to make those 10 troops, you lost the resources it will take to replace those 10 troops, and you lost the resources those 10 troops would give you raiding your farms.
5. Do not make friends with people inside your 7x7 who are not in your alliance. Do not stop raiding people in your 7x7 even if they ask you to stop. If you let anyone alone, that person will grow and join another alliance and you will have to fight him later in the game. Raid everyone in your 7x7.
If there is a village in your 7x7 that is bigger than you, raid him too... ONCE. See what he has. If he defends very well or gets mad and attacks you, just dodge his attacks and ignore all messages from him. If you can steal stuff from him, keep doing it, but becareful not to use all your troops. Only raid with 10 or 15 troops at a time... so you don't lose many if he puts up a defence. Raid him only once a day, and at different times of the day. If another ally is nearby, ask him to help you farm the bigger guy... BUT do not make it a war.
Special Note: If people raid you and they get nothing and don't kill any of your troops they will stop raiding you after awhile. If they get stuff from you or kill troops, then they will keep raiding you. Don't be a farm.